Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 40
5 poblano or bell peppers
1/2 lb ground pork sausage or beef or chicken
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
1 chipotle pepper or multiple jalapenos
1/2 white or red onion, diced
2-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
1 small head of bok choy, sliced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or ancho chili pepper
dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to a high broil. At the same time, begin to boil a medium sized pot with six cups of water.
- Cut tops off peppers and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membrane.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Reduce oven to 400.
- While peppers are roasting, add cubed sweet potato to pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Chop chipotle or jalapeno peppers.
- Drain pot and add sweet potatoes to a bowl with chopped chipotle pepper. Mash and set aside.
- Remove peppers from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- While peppers are cooling, heat a pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the sausage/beef/chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and stalk of bok choy to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Reserve some veggies for the vegetarian portion.
- Remove from heat and add chopped bok choy leaves, cilantro and spices.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of sweet potato into each pepper (you may have a little more or a little less depending on the size of the sweet potato) and top with sausage mixture, divided.
- Return stuffed peppers to the oven for 8 minutes at 400.
- Turn oven to a low broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
via What I Gather